Thursday, January 7, 2010

Part 2 Emulation Project
Ansel Adams Used a film camera and took her pictures in black and white. Ansel's pictures are mostly of land scape sceans so I would assume that his photographs were taken out side using natural lights. During the time that he lived photo shop didn't exist, thus we can assume that he used traditional methods of editing which I do not understand. I believe that Ansel would have worked alone.

Robin Rhode is a contemporary Photographer. He uses digital photography. I believe that he used natural light for his pictures because most are taken outside on a wall, although it is possible that he used artificial light because their don't seem to be any shadows. I do not believe that any edits were made but if there were they were slight another reason i do not believe that edits were made is because the idea behind the photographs was to make an allusions by mixing 2d and 3d objects. I think that Robin could have had a bunch of assistants but i believe that it is more likely that he worked alone.


Esteban Pastorino Diaz uses digital photography. The lighting used is defiantly natural because he is using a camera attached to a kite(KAP). He uses a special lens (tilt shift) that allows him distort the image giving it the appearance that it is a model. I read that he works alone, this is difficult for him because he can not see through the view finder when he is using the kite to take pictures.

2 comments:

  1. This looks good, Austin. Do you think that Rhode was working with a tripod en lieu of an assistant? I'm looking forward to reading your completed proposal on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete