Emulation project Post four
I am choosing to emulate the photographer Robin Rhode. The reason that I choose him over other artists is because of his unique style. I think that the way that he mixes the two and three D objects is really interesting. This is demonstrated in the work that I have seen of his which included the pictures where he would draw things on a wall with what looked like chalk and then have a model pose as if he were interacting with them. This is the main idea that I want to emulate, the mixing of two and three D objects. The other reason that Robin Rhodes work appealed to me was because it was relatively simple to produce and capture but it was still interesting. For example to emulate other photographers I would need special tool or scenery that I would probably not have access to. The whole idea of Robin Rhode’s work is simple but very clever and I believe that is one of that factors that makes it so interesting.
I plan to emulate Robin by taking scenes that a person might see in every day life and ad pictures of things to them that would fit. For example one of the ideas that I had was to make a still life of fruit that had booth real fruit and drawings of fruit. I also plan try changing shadow. I think that with good lighting that I can make it so that the viewer would have to really look to tell the difference. Another idea that I had was to either make or find a full size drawing of a person and then mix it in with real live models. Because of the lack of pictures of full size people I was thinking that I could find advertisements(billboards…) and use the people in them, while putting real people in the photo with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment